As of 29 July 2014 Ruukki is part of SSAB. Together, the two create a Nordic and US-based steel company, which is a leading producer on the global market for Advanced High Strength Steels (AHSS) and Quenched & Tempered steels (Q&T), standard strip, plate and tubular products as well as construction solutions.
The merger of SSAB and Ruukki creates a global steel company which offers value-added products and services developed in close cooperation with its customers to create a stronger, lighter and more sustainable world.
The new company has five divisions:
- SSAB Special Steels – Global steel and service partner in value added Advanced High Strength Steels (AHSS) and Quenched & Tempered steels (Q&T)
- SSAB Europe – Leading Nordic-based steel producer of high quality strip, heavy plate and tubes
- SSAB Americas – Leading North America-based steel producer of high quality heavy plate
- Tibnor – Leading Nordic full-service steel distribution partner
- Ruukki Construction – Leading European provider of energy efficient building and construction solutions
The preliminary combined net sales for the companies during 2013 amounted to approximately SEK 56 billion (EUR 6.4 billion), and SSAB and Rautaruukki combined have around 17,300 employees. The company has an annual steel production capacity of 8.8 million tonnes.
The SSAB corporate headquarters is located in Stockholm, Sweden. The company’s major steel production sites are located in Oxelösund, Borlänge and Luleå (Sweden), in Raahe and Hämeenlinna (Finland), and in Montpelier and Mobile (USA).
SSAB is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm and has a secondary listing on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki as of August 1.